Monday 3 August 2015

Shop Fit Out Inspirations

Have you ever opened a grand front door with a large iron handle of a shop and entered in awe? Being so mesmerised with what you are standing in, taking a moment to look around and appreciate the lighting, colour palette, fittings and finally, the merchandise.

This is what I want to create for every person who walks through my boutique store. (I'm still thinking of a name) I want to create an atmosphere that isn't experienced often when they visit a shop. Personally I find myself appreciating more stores in Bali than I do at home in Sydney. They seem to take more pride in the individuality of their style and the presentation of their visual merchandising in the front window displays. 

I have started my interior design diploma at Coco Republic and I couldn't be more happy. I'm learning so much and challenging myself too in what I need to learn and what I actually already had knowledge of but didn't realise. My major project involves having clients from a boutique hotel that I get to design for their penthouse. I have chosen to create a layout for a boutique hotel penthouse to be situated in Batu Belig, reflecting a decorative scheme that does justice for the local culture around the area. So using soft furnishings from homewares stores in the street and stocking the living area with ceramics from Kevala Ceramics. 




Kevala Ceramics store in Batu Belig


There's so much inspiration I take and adapt my style towards. I love linen and leather together; soft furnishings but have such different textures that just fit. Cane is another favourite, it can look hard but with the right colour of material and paired with soft furnishings, they can look luxurious and very Hampton's chic. 

Colours I always seem to go back to are neutrals. Hogs bristle, crisp whites, feather greys and navy tone are fantastic when on their own or used altogether to create a decorative scheme. 

Bali is still a fabulous holiday destination for myself apart from also being the place I want to eventually call home permanently. I like taking the local culture and views surrounding the areas into my interior scheme as well. Palm trees, coconut bowls, sea shells, engraved skulls, recycled timber, ceramics and linen are some things that springs to my mind. Blue waves, vibrant green and yellow leaves of the palms, stained wooden doors, bronzed and iron door handles remind me of the colours I envisage also.












There's so much love for all these starting points. I am so excited to do a buying trip with mum in the next few months for all these statement pieces plus a little goal and test run of having a market stall in the Northen Suburbs of what we wish to sell in the store in Bali. (Will fill you in more in the next coming days !)




With Love,
Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment