Monday 10 August 2015

Confessions of a Time Poor Bee

If you're like me, I can sometimes over analyse things like crazy and make things sound way worse in my thoughts, than what the reality is; especially when it's written down and I can re read it several times and realise it's not as scary as I'm making it out to be. It's kind of like how my life is at the moment.

I'm a little lost for motivation. There's so much going on in my busy life that I'm slightly concerned that I've taken on too much in a small time frame and kind of overwhelmed myself. At the same time I think its good that I've pushed myself in the deep end and I'm actually surprised at how I am jumping through the hurdles and making it out to the other side. But this is early talks for the moment.

I'm just shy of working three months full time plus I'm in my fourth week of my third year, second semester at uni AND my third week of learning interior design. My gosh is the work load catching up on me! I sit in class at uni some days and just think, "how can I keep doing this"? Proposals and critiques are keeping my mind away from Bali and it hurts to have it sitting at the back of my mind.

On the other hand, my design course is going amazing. All of my weekly exercises are ideas coming from my memories of Bali, colours you can't escape and textures you see around every corner. I've just got to keep on top of things and be organised. I guess this is the beginning of what its like to finally 'grow up' and live in the adult world. I don't really like it just yet. I guess you could call it "adjusting".

So I'm posting a new checklist. One not everyone will appreciate and some may call boring. But I need to post it for me.


  • Finish your proposal
  • Start your memoir
  • Do your principles and design of elements
  • Stay creative
  • Take time away to regather your thoughts
  • Don't give up on your dream
  • Drink plenty of fluids
  • Take care of yourself; you know when you've gone too far
  • Keep the goal in sight
  • Work. Money will get you back to Bali

I'll get back to Bali before I know it. There's piles of lists in my 'notes' app on my laptop, all around the main theme of Bali; the shops I want to source to sell in the boutique, locations, fit outs for the store; the lists are never ending! I need to go to Kikki.k and grab some notebooks I can write in and keep everything together. I'm also very close to announcing the name for the boutique :)
Hmmmm, I guess I do have some things to look forward to and keep me focused on the goal. Head down at uni and work - bring in the money and keep the goal alive and in arms reach!

I know it's a personal thing but if anyone has any ideas of how to keep sane and motivated, please let me in on your little secret below in the comments!




With Love,
Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment